Sunday, September 2, 2012

Essays


Ben Tasel                                                                                               September 2nd 2012

Essay 1:

Arete in my opinion is to everything to your fullest potential. People like the ancient Greeks achieved that my creating there own government and taking down the ruler. They let the people decide what was going to happen unlike what the other option which was whatever the king or person in charge said goes. These people are also very knowledgeable and wanted to do something and had the right idea to do it. Socrates would also fit in this category because he thought outside the box and had very good ideas that were never brought to the table. Arete to me is another word for success.

Essay 2:

Elbert Hubbard would be absolutely discussed with the way that the world works today. He would never find someone to send a message to Garcia and that is a fact. People are so caught up with technology and social media that they would never pick up a novel  or spend time doing something to change the world we live in today. People these days ramble about little things such as that their phone died or that their favorite sports team lost so imagine how much they would complain about sending a message to Garcia and they would make a million excuses about how they can't do it. Socrates would like how the world works because I believe he likes progression and the world has definitely changed from when he took his last breath of air.The world has also used some of his ideas. Also people have much more of a say then they did back when he lived.

Essay 3:

Number 1. I will do my homework more and not be lazy about it. I can't slack off anymore and homework last year was a big part of my grade not being where I wanted it to be.

Number 2: I want to put more effort into my work and not rush through it. I will budget my time so I can fit my work in.

Number 3: I want to behave better in class so I can not get in trouble with the teachers and get on their bad side.

Number 4: I want to take more of a commitment to sports ad stay in shape for everything

Number 5. I want better grades and I will do whatever it takes to do so.

The End

1 comment:

  1. #1: 24/25. Good job discussing just how the Greeks demonstrated arete.

    #2: 24/25. You might be right about Hubbard being disgusted (not "discussed" - be sure you double-check your spell check). Excellent points about Socrates.

    #3: 25/25. This looks like a pretty good plan. If you stick with it, you should have a pretty good four years at JC!

    ReplyDelete