Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Definitions

                     August 29th 2012                       Ben Tasel

Today was a easy class, I had to set up my blog and email it to Mr.Schick. I finally turned in my blogs and I hope I get a good grade on them. We also had a homework to look up some words so here they are:

Arete- Excellence of any kind, the word is from Greek origin and means to live up to your fullest potential.
Something that I need to work on. It is also used for a hero such as Pelepone.

Polis- Means city in Greek. An example of a Greek city would be Athens. It can also mean citizenship as well.

Socrates- was a Greek philosopher who was known for his contributions to the field of ethnics who was prized for his teachings

The Death Of Socrates- He praised Sparta, the arch rival of the Greeks and because of that he was executed by drinking a mixture containing poison hemlock.

The Socratic method- is a negative method of hypothesis elimination. It is made to force one to examine their beliefs and the validity of such beliefs

508 BC- Cleistenes reorganized Athens. he creates the dame which was a local unit to be the symbol of his political system.

Agora- is a central spot in Greek cites. It is a gathering place or an assembly.

If a greek calls you an idiot you are in danger of being brought into court. That is very interesting so I would want to be called an idiot.

The End


No comments:

Post a Comment